- Bantu: A type of African hairstyle. It consists of several small buns tied round the head.
- Afro: This style is popular with the people of Melanesian and African origin. Sporting this style is symbolic to black racial pride.
- Quiff: In this style a part of the hair is well placed on the top of the head.
- Ponytail: This hair style is popular with hippies. In this style, the wearer's hair is drawn backwards from the face, tied and left dangling at the back.
- Moptop: This is a shaggy form of straight cut. The cut bears a straight fringe, over the ears.
- Side-part: In this style, the hair is parted on the side.
- Spiked: This style involves spiking the hairs into a number of designs which varies from small to large. This is achieved by treating the hair with gel, wax, or spray every day.
- Perm: This is a process which involves curling of natural straight and plain hair. This is done with the help of an apparatus or chemical relaxers.